1. Amazon will be selling physical books for the first time in the Amazon. Amazon opened a Kindle store in Brazil in December 2012.
2. Shakespeare & Co. is in the danger of shutting down. Founded in 1981, Shakespeare & Co’s last standing book store in New York may close soon due to lease issues.
3. According to a recent study, Kindle readers or e-book readers in general are worse at recalling the plot of the book they have read. This has something to do with turning the pages while reading on paper.
4. Amazon has signed a deal with Shanghai Free Trade Zone to increase its presence in China. Now, Amazon can sell wider range of goods and the Chinese customers will have access to its global supply chain.
5. Disney has cast several Hollywood stars for the next Jungle Book movie. Christian Bale and Cate Blanchett have joined the list too.