1. Pottermore is set to post a surprise each day between the 12th and the 23rd December, including new writing from J K Rowling.
2. Italy has decided to cut VAT on e-books from the standard 22% to 4% so it matches the rate imposed on printed books and Malta from 18% to 5%.
3. Cressida Cowell, theauthor of How to Train Your Dragon series, has launched the Reading Agency’s Christmas mini-challenge for young readers.
4. With Kindle WriteOn, Amazon is trying take on Wattpad.
5. Igloo Books to launch a series of books based on DreamWorks Animation’s “Penguins of Madagascar”.