1. Bloomsbury to encourage schools, bookshops and libraries to take part in the first Harry Potter Book Night. This will be held on 5th February 2015.
2. Scholastic has acquired How to be a Dog, the debut title from author and illustrator Jo Williamson. How to be a Dog is a manual for dogs told by the point of a view of a dog.
3. Amazon is planning to open a physical bookshop in New York for the holidays.
4. HarperCollins is surprised by its success in subscription services.
5. Amazon has denied receiving any special tax treatment from Luxembourg following the European Commission’s announcement of a tax investigation.